Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Man I need a scanner. I spilt diet pepsi on my last one... and it bit the bullet as it were. ]':
That's my explanation for a rather wordy post, instead of imagery.

So I was watching this documentary on technology and science in the time of the ancient civilizations of the world - a la mayan, egypt, greek, and messopotamian - where they proposed the idea that our so called "new" technology had in fact been discovered long ago (at least in theory) and that the information was simply lost over time and then rediscovered and employed in current times. An example of this was an elaborately decorated tunnel type thing made by ancients... It ran so deep that no light could be seen from inside; no torch could remain lit for want of something in the air I cannot recall; and finally, mirrors reflecting light did not work for much of a distance. So how did these artists decorate the walls without light? They propose early lightbulbs. You can read something about that here: linksy poo

I haven't seen enough to prove this theory of ancients having comparable technologies we consider newly discovered today, though my mind is broadened. I think that in general, our society feels above those before us... either because of our more open minds, revision of believes and laws, new devices... etc... Is that feeling of modern superiority really just a falacy? I don't know... but I never thought about it until today.

Anyway, enough rambling about the ways of the world and philosophy and whatnot.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment